[asterisk-dev] MFC/R2 Asterisk Channel Driver

Caio Begotti caio at ueberalles.net
Fri Mar 28 20:50:28 CDT 2008

On 28/03/2008, at 21:57, John Todd wrote:
>    Testing this code presents another headache,
> since many of the testing folks for Asterisk live
> in ISDN worlds and R2 is not common.  Do you have
> a testbed, or do you know a lot of R2 people in
> the Americas or central Asia who might be able to
> test different versions?

That's definitely not a problem, at all, IMHO.

Here in Brazil we still have to handle absurd situations regarding R2
signaling. In fact, that's the very reason why Digium, Sangoma or
whatever company does not sell more boards around here. Just a tiny
fraction of people here can afford and easily get a decent ISDN
connection. I've worked on a project that even used Steve's Unicall
in the great majority of clients (like... 150, yeah). And that was a
Telco company.

It's really really great to hear about Moises plan, though I'm not
sure if a software based R2 solution is the best approach and I'm
taking it with a grain of salt. There are at least 3 companies
selling Asterisk-compatible boards with R2 done builtin, in hardware,
witch has proved to be much more stable, well supported and scalable
than anything else.

Moises, do you already have something for testing or have you just
started thinking about it? Vapourware or real stuff, another
brazilian guy monitoring this list has already forward your message
to the Asterisk Brasil list :-)

[]s

--
Caio Begotti <http://caio.ueberalles.net>