[asterisk-dev] cdr_pgsql TRUNK (110444) behavior changes: are they documented?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Mar 24 17:21:12 CDT 2008

On Friday 21 March 2008 02:49, Brian Capouch wrote:
> I haven't built trunk for a while but tonight I took it up again.
>
> The code builds fine against openWRT, but there seem to be some changes
> to the way that CDR works.  I use Postgres to store CDR records.  I
> can't find mention of the things mentioned below in CHANGES, in any of
> the documentation I could find online, or in the sample configs.

It's in the CHANGES document, lines 517-523.

> First, it appears that calldate is no longer allowed as a field name in
> the table which will hold the CDR record.  I couldn't get it to work
> unless I set the field name to "start."

That's rather strange.  I was able to get it to work with that name just fine.

> There has also been a change in that the fields "accountcode" and
> "userfield" aren't being sent to the backend anymore.  This violates the
> "NOT NULL" constraints on those fields that permeate the documentation
> everywhere online.

Issue #12285 has been created with a patch that should address this, but
I need someone to test it.  I think the reason it worked for me is that for
each field that I have defined as 'not null', I also have a default value.

> I may have missed some critical information along the line, but if not,
> the codebase and existing documentation seem to be out of sync.

I think you just overlooked it.  The CHANGES document is fairly big for trunk.

--
Tilghman