[asterisk-dev] Issues with main/http.c in trunk

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Mar 21 20:55:20 CDT 2008

I was starting to look into AJAM'ing Web-MeetMe and
finally found time to play with the build in web
server.

SVN version newer that 109912.

I found a number of quirks and possible outright bugs in
http.c, but it appears Kevin is working on cleaning this
code, so I am loathe to post a bug/patch on Mantis.

Issues found-
                Prefix does not really have a default.
                Having no configure prefix causes a test
                in handle_uri to fail.  (look for l = strlen(prefix))

                Parsing of params is tied to AST_HTTP_GET, but it
                appears that it should be _POST?

                Once a matching urih is found, we do not break out
                of the macro'd loop.  The result is we keep on
                processing and lose the matching urih and always
                trigger a '501 Not implimented'

I can of course post my patch, which in my VERY limited testing,
seemed to address these issues, but I really do not know what I
am doing in this code and only got results by brute force debugging
and a marathon tweak/compile/test/repeat session.

Dan