[asterisk-dev] SIP error codes

Paul Hewlett paul at gccs.co.za
Thu Mar 20 08:42:16 CDT 2008

I saw the thread relating to SIP error codes and ISDN hangup cause -
Olle Johansson stated that feedback would be welcome:

I recently changed the asterisk response to a 402 "Payment required" -
chan-sip.c simply hangs up when a 402 is returned.
I added the 402 to the same response as 503 "Service unavailable" which
returns CONGESTION  - this allows my dialplan to fall thru  to
try a different trunk.  This appears to work well - it is a very small
change so I *really* don't want to submit a bug report.

Regards Paul

--
Technical Director, GCCS
Tel: 086 111 3433 Fax: 086 111 3520 Cel: 076 072 7906