[asterisk-dev] SIP error codes interpreted by Asterisk as?

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Thu Mar 20 02:14:31 CDT 2008

19 mar 2008 kl. 23.50 skrev Mark Hamilton:

> Hello,
>
> There are quite a few error codes returned upon calling a number.
> Like SIP 404 Not Found, 486 Temporarily Unavailable, etc. How does
> Asterisk interpret these SIP error codes?
>
> Because when a call is made through Asterisk, and let’s say it’s a
> disconnected number, Asterisk returns “Call failed, reason 0” or a
> reason number from 1-10. What makes Asterisk decide what reason is a
> SIP error code classified as?

In chan_sip we translate those error codes to the ISDN hangup causes
we use internally in Asterisk, which you can reach
in the HANGUPCAUSE dialplan variable. We follow the IETF standards
where available, or the Cisco implementation.

On the other end of the call, the ISDN cause codes are translated back
to SIP.

/Olle

-------
oej at edvina.net
Edvina AB * Asterisk training * http://edvina.net
Asterisk SIP masterclass * Orlando Florida * April 2008