[asterisk-dev] jitterbuffer on MeetMe conference

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Mar 19 06:29:31 CDT 2008

Takashi Ohashi wrote:

> I saw source code of Asterisk (1.4.3), but I wonder if VoIP RTP packets are
> passed through jitterbuffer when SIP softphone participate in MeetMe
> conference.

No, Asterisk does not currently process frames through the jitter buffer
before feeding them to an application; the jitter buffer is only used
when channels are bridged to each other. However...

> I use ztdummy for zaptel pseudo device at conference.
> Is zaptel(ztdummy) handling jitterbuffer?

In the specific case of app_meetme, because it uses Zaptel for
conference mixing, there is a small amount of jitter buffering provided
by Zaptel. This is not a full-featured jitter buffer though... it won't
reorder frames, it doesn't provide PLC, etc.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies