[asterisk-dev] cdr_addon_mysql - calldate and sock

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Mar 16 17:11:27 CDT 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008 15:44:05 Niklas Larsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for the HTML post before, here is a proper post:
>
> there are two changes from 1.4 to 1.6 that are a bit irritating:
>
> 1. calldate is now start and you need to add [aliases] start=calldate to
> make it work with the "normal" cdr db.
>
> 2. I need to specify a sock when the mysql server is on localhost, it's not
> enough with: hostname = localhost
>
> My "new" conf:
>
> [global]
> hostname = localhost
> dbname = asteriskcdrdb
> password = amp109
> user = asteriskuser
> userfield=1
> ;port=3306
> sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>
> [aliases]
> start=calldate
>
> Is there a good explanation to this changes?

Yes; you can now do three things you couldn't before:  1) You can rename
columns, so that the CDR output matches your billing system, rather than
forcing your billing system to accomodate your CDRs.  2) You can omit columns
you really don't care about (amaflags, for example), and 3) you can add
additional columns that you'd like to have in your CDR, simply by populating
the corresponding CDR variable in the dialplan.

--
Tilghman