[asterisk-dev] Call failed, reason 0 explanation.

Mark Hamilton mark.h at cage151.com
Thu Mar 13 13:16:14 CDT 2008

Hello,

I understand that Asterisk interprets SIP error codes as 'reason'. We use
AMI origination for dialing. And at times, we get an a "Failure" and reason
"0" or "1", etc etc.

What makes Asterisk give a reason like 0?

For example, one of our provider sends back the following SIP error codes.
What would Asterisk interpret them as and what would the return code be?

    ISUP Cause value                        SIP response
   ----------------                        ------------
   1  unallocated number                   404 Not Found
   2  no route to network                  404 Not found
   3  no route to destination              404 Not found
   16 normal call clearing                 --- (*)
   17 user busy                            486 Busy here
   18 no user responding                   408 Request Timeout
   19 no answer from the user              480 Temporarily unavailable
   20 subscriber absent                    480 Temporarily unavailable
   21 call rejected                        403 Forbidden (+)
   22 number changed (w/o diagnostic)      410 Gone
   22 number changed (w/ diagnostic)       301 Moved Permanently
   23 redirection to new destination       410 Gone
   26 non-selected user clearing           404 Not Found (=)
   27 destination out of order             502 Bad Gateway
   28 address incomplete                   484 Address incomplete
   29 facility rejected                    501 Not implemented
   31 normal unspecified                   480 Temporarily unavailable

Any help would be greatly appreciated in letting us know what these error
codes are in 1.4*

Thanks,

Mark.

PS: If HTML email is frowned upon, my apologies. Any better way for me to
show this table?