[asterisk-dev] app_confbridge

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Mar 11 11:59:03 CDT 2008

Joshua wrote
>> I've been interested to see the recent activity in
>> svn.commits concerning
>> team/file/bridging/apps/app_confbridge.c

> It's good to know that someone has been peeking at it :)
I have been watching that branch as well, but with an
eye towards using the API to add conferencing support
to chan_skinny.

>> It looks like this ConfBridge is intended to replace
>> MeetMe in the future. Is that correct?

> Correct. It's one of the uses of the new bridging API,
> and will be the first step.

>> Will it be introduced in Asterisk 1.6.x, or not until 1.8?

> It will be introduced in a future Asterisk 1.6 version.

>> The reason I'm asking is because a lot of my work is with
>> customizations to Meetme, and I won't want to do any new
>> major additions if it is going to be replaced by a cleaner
>> archirecture sometime soon.

> What sort of customizations have you done? Will they easily
> fit into the current architecture of app_confbridge?

I have submitted patches to extend the RealTime feature set
for MeetMe to include scheduling and resource limits.  The
initial patch was merged, but a follow on patch to allow
conference moderators to extend a scheduled conference is
stuck waiting on testing with more DB backends.

I really like the looks of Tony's list of enhancements, and
wonder if we can really have a one-size-fits-all solution.
Some will want just basic conferencing and others will want
every feature that they have ever encountered on other
platforms.

Dan