[asterisk-dev] app_confbridge

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Mar 11 04:45:40 CDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony Mountifield
[mailto:tony at softins.clara.co.uk]
To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
Sent:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 06:15:59 -0400
Subject: [asterisk-dev] app_confbridge

> I've been interested to see the recent activity in svn.commits concerning
> team/file/bridging/apps/app_confbridge.c

It's good to know that someone has been peeking at it :)

> It looks like this ConfBridge is intended to replace MeetMe in the future.
> Is that correct?

Correct. It's one of the uses of the new bridging API, and will be the first step.

> Will it be introduced in Asterisk 1.6.x, or not until 1.8?

It will be introduced in a future Asterisk 1.6 version.

> The reason I'm asking is because a lot of my work is with customisations
> to Meetme, and I won't want to do any new major additions if it is going
> to be replaced by a cleaner archirecture sometime soon.

What sort of customizations have you done? Will they easily fit into the current architecture of app_confbridge?

Joshua Colp
Software Developer
Digium, Inc.