[asterisk-dev] live chat with asterisk

Gunnar Hellström gunnar.hellstrom at omnitor.se
Tue Mar 11 02:03:26 CDT 2008

Carlos,
There is support for T.140 real-time text ( RFC 4103 ) in Asterisk.

It can go with any other media in a SIP call.
But I am afraid that meet-me or app-conference do not support it yet.

It is activated in sip.conf  by:
textsupport=yes

allow=t140

allow=red

There was basic T.140 support in Astersik 1.4. But you would need 1.6 or
vidcaps to get a more mature support.
You can use it with clients supporting RFC 4103. There is a free softphone
in the project Tipcon1 in Sourceforge.

Gunnar
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor