[asterisk-dev] documentation to docbook

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Mar 8 13:43:18 CST 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 06:02:15PM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Friday 07 March 2008 17:16:06 Jared Smith wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 00:03 +0100, Michiel van Baak wrote:
> > > I'm just being curious here.
> > > Is anybody interested in documentation in docbook format
> > > instead of tex format ?
> > > If so, I'm willing to do the work and maintain it till it
> > > get merged to trunk.
> >
> > You've got my vote.  I'll even help support it and (try to) keep it up
> > to date.
>
> Personally, I prefer plaintext, but if it has to be some graphical format,
> I'd prefer LaTeX, as it's easier to work with.

For sufficiently small values of "easier", I guess.

My intuition is that so *many* projects switch their doco sources for a
reason, which is likely that the toolchain that converts it into other
formats (HTML, HTML tree, flat text, PDF, etc) is so well tuned.

I would vote for it, and since I've just taken a new job that is
*heavy* on Asterisk, and I'm a copy/editor type anyway, I expect to
have a vested interest in the results.  I'm therefore pleased that
someone volunteered to convert it, and Jared thinks that's a good idea.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)