[asterisk-dev] Is this a bug? No zap information for outgoing calls

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Fri Mar 7 12:44:13 CST 2008

I've recently been trying to debug a call quality issue and I've noticed
that Asterisk does not display any information for:

zap show channel X

when the call originates from an internal sip device.

Incoming calls on our PRI are fine, but for outgoing all of the fields
are unpopulated. In fact I can see nothing to differentiate it from an
idle channel.

Likewise, "zap show channels" only populates "Extension" for incoming
calls.

I would like to be able to get more detailed information on the current
status of a zap channel such as jitter buffer, call duration, what it's
bridged to etc.

John