[asterisk-dev] Passing out-of-band data in PRI call setup?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 10:47:55 CST 2008

In article <47CEC327.1060800 at digium.com>,
Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
> > *** Why is SUPPORT_USERUSER not defined by default?
> > If USERUSERINFO is not set, then the User-User IE is not sent anyway,
> > so surely having it on by default doesn't hurt anything.
>
> For safety's sake, mostly. It is possible that it could be received on
> an incoming call (without your knowledge) and then passed back out an
> outgoing call (again without your knowledge). If you aren't prepared to
> deal with that, it's safer for it to be off.

I don't think that could happen by accident, at least not if the call is
passed on via the dialplan.

The incoming channel would have USERUSERINFO set, but that would not be
inherited by the outbound channel unless the Dial was preceded by
Set(_USERUSERINFO=${USERUSERINFO})

Is there another way a call could be passed on through Asterisk?

The reason for the mild gripe was that the boxes I wanted to try this on
are constantly in use, with one of them never dropping to less than 8
channels live out of 120. Because I will need to recompile chan_zap with
SUPPORT_USERUSER defined, I will have to have a brief outage instead of
just a dialplan reload.

Cheers
Tony
--