[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.4.18 - Memory Leak in manager.c

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Mar 3 09:00:38 CST 2008

Jim Capp wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced a problem with memory leak in manager.c?  I
> tested all four release candidates of 1.4.18 on private servers and then
> downloaded and installed 1.4.18.tar.gz for a customer who has a heavy
> use of AMI.  Within 4 hours, the system started logging hundreds of
> messages like these:
>
> [Mar  1 00:04:16] ERROR[28863]
> /usr/src/asterisk-1.4.18/include/asterisk/utils.h: Memory Allocation
> Failure in function xml_translate at line 354 of manager.c

I don't see any recent changes in manager.c or http.c that look like they could
introduce something like this.

Build Asterisk with MALLOC_DEBUG enabled.  (Compiler flags section of "make
menuselect").  Then, grab the output of "memory show summary" over time.  If
there is a leak in Asterisk, that should should which allocations aren't getting
cleaned up.

Once you have that, post the info up on http://bugs.digium.com/, and we'll get
the issue taken care of.

--