[asterisk-dev] new video features for chan_oss

Luigi Rizzo rizzo.unipi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 16:43:09 CDT 2008

Hi,
just wanted to mentioned that I have merged into trunk some
recent additions to chan_oss that let you play with multiple
video sources in a call, switching and doing Picture-in-Picture
simply using your mouse.
I  really encourage you to try this out and report problems;
all you need is a one-line change to channels/Makefile:

+chan_oss.so: ASTCFLAGS+=-DHAVE_VIDEO_CONSOLE
 chan_misdn.o: ASTCFLAGS+=-Imisdn

A picture is worth more than words, here is what you get:

http://docenti.ing.unipi.it/~d7834/video_console.jpg

on top you see some active grabbers (in this case one  webcam,
three X11 grabbers);
on the right you see what we are transmitting (in this case,
one of the x11 grabber is capturing a youtube video of kevin
at some conference, while the PiP window is just the webcam
pointed on me), on the top row you see the various video sources
and their state (and on the left square you see what we are
receiving, in this case nothing).

GUI commands (these instructions will go somewhere in the docs...):

--- THUMBNAILS ---
+ center click turns a video source on/off
+ left click selects the source as primary
+ right click selects the source as secondary
--- RIGHT WINDOW (sent video) ---
+ drag with the left key pressed on the main picture changes the
  origin in case of X11 grabber;
+ drag with the left key pressed on the small picture moves the
  position of the PiP
+ center click reduces the size of the window
+ right click increases the size of the window
--- LEFT WINDOW (received video) ---
+ center click reduces the size of the window
+ right click increases the size of the window
--- KEYPAD buttons ---
+ AUDIO toggles muting of local audio
+ VIDEO toggles sending of local video
+ PIP toggles Picture in Picture functionality
Other buttons are just simulating a phone keypad,
but you can use keys on the keyboard to prepare the
number to dial.

       cheers
       luigi