[asterisk-dev] Rtcp Clarification

Raja Chidambaram raja_chidambaram82 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 13:46:19 CDT 2008

Hi all,
I am using asterisk 1.4.18 verison running in public Ip and I have two pjsip based endpoints making calls through the asterisk.During the calls I was concequently monitoring the call/media statistics through RTCP , by doing "rtcp debug" command in this I find asterisk receives RTCP SR packets from both the endpoints and also immediately sends back RTCP RR packet to the endpoint where it received RTCP SR packet from.

But the problem arises when I change the allow tag in  the /etc/asterisk/users.conf  to  "allow=ulaw" (allow only ulaw codec)  for these endpoints then the asterisk receives RTCP SR packets but never sends RTCP RR packets back, Because of this I unable to calculate RTT and TX jitter's in the endpoints. I am not sure whether this is a bug in asterisk. please help me in this.

with regards
raja