[asterisk-dev] Maximum retries exceeded on transmission issue.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jun 24 08:59:14 CDT 2008

Johan Wilfer wrote:

> An option to allow Asterisk to be more forgiving to bad RFC compliance,
> like this one, seems like a very good idea to me.

It is not possible to modify Asterisk in this way; the "request - 200 OK
- ACK" sequence is vital to proper handling of SIP dialogs and
transactions. Assuming that a dialog has been confirmed without
receiving the ACK from the other endpoint would be a very bad thing to do.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies