[asterisk-dev] res_timing causes excessive cpu load

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Sat Jun 21 14:17:07 CDT 2008

I'm using asterisk trunk on pc with 300MHz mobile pentium cpu and one
simple sip2sip call (without transcoding) causes cpu load about 20%!
seems, that new timing interface eats much cpu cycles,
As workaround, I put noload => res_timing_pthread.so into modules.conf
and now, I have utilization about 2-3%, that is like (maybe slightly
more) previous trunk revisions.
issue is probably related to suspended bugreport #0012772
Is res_timing_pthread.so actually needed for pure ip asterisk (without
pstn cards installed)? As I read, Meetme still need ztdummy, so what
res_timing is actually doing?
PJ