[asterisk-dev] RFC: DAHDI echo canceller configuration change

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 19 07:24:49 CDT 2008

Nic Bellamy wrote:

> I did it somewhat differently though, in that I added an extra ioctl
> called ZT_ECHOCANCELV2 that allowed you to specify the echo canceller
> and other parameters.

I considered doing that, but I was too concerned about any failure to
have the EC loaded and available not being found until the user's
application was already running (and possibly servicing other channels).

> I found this to be a decent "mechanism vs. policy" compromise -
> mechanism in the kernel (Zaptel), policy in userspace (Asterisk).

Well, the policy here is still in userspace, it's just in the
configuration tool, not in the channel-using application :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies