[asterisk-dev] design question: handling incoming ETSI partial rerouting request

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 04:09:17 CDT 2008

In article <4857770F.9090103 at pernau.at>,
> Tony Mountifield schrieb:
> >> Hmm. I have not thought about this. How can this be handled?
> >
> > I don't know - it needs more than a few minutes thought!
> >
> > I just flagged it up because I could see it was a situation that your
> > approach didn't address.
>
> You are absolutely right. But many other things have the same problem
> (e.g. DIALSTATUS, PRI_CAUSE, PRIREDIRECTREASON).

This is true, but they are just used to report information. Unless I have
misunderstood, you were actually proposing to use dialplan logic to
control how the local PRI endpoint should respond to a message from the
other end. I would favour the channel driver making its own decision,
goverened if necessary by channel variable(s) that have already been set.

> I think it could be worked around in the dialplan by using a local channel.

Yes, that's always a possibility, and is an approach I have used too,
in various situations.

Cheers
Tony
--