[asterisk-dev] Attended transfers in queue_log

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Mon Jun 16 07:28:54 CDT 2008

Mark Michelson wrote:
> I just finished merging a change into the trunk branch which corrects a
> long-standing deficiency of the queue_log: the inability to log attended transfers.

Does this work with just the internal attended transfer DTMF key via
features.conf, or does this work for SIP attended transfers as well? If
the latter... this is seriously hawt :)

> Now the question arises: should this change also be merged into 1.4? My thinking
> is that the majority of users would be very happy to see attended transfers
> properly logged in the queue_log. The big thing holding me back right now is
> that there are many third-party applications that use the data in the queue_log
> to generate statistics. While I don't know of the specifics of these
> applications' internals, I know that any sort of change to what is expected may
> cause problems. To any who have written such apps, would such a change cause a
> problem? Would it actually be helpful? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Personally I would really like to see this merged to 1.4 because I have
at least one customer who wants to log the attended transfers. I tried
to figure out a way of doing this via some fancy dialplan trickery, and
actually got it working, but once you starting doing multiple transfers
to queues, and other agents, then the system got confused.

I guess I'm always an advocate of having the ability to turn these
things on and off. I'll throw that out there as an idea to keep 1.4
users happy, but if you consider this a 'bug', then I'd say it should go
back into 1.4.

In addition, if you are planning on putting in the information of what
kind of transfer this is, then I suggest putting it into a separate
column in the queue records. This way other types of data can also be
made more fine grained by looking at that column, rather than having to
parse on something like TRANSFER(BLIND) or what have you.

Thanks for this!

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.leifmadsen.com