[asterisk-dev] [policy] Discussion on IRC - how to make -dev more useful

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Jun 4 12:54:23 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 June 2008 09:53:36 Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
>> Not to be Mr. Negativity here, but I concur as well.  Asterisk-dev is
>> not a high traffic list at all (LKML is a great example of a high
>> traffic list), and any solution that puts the load on the posters is
>> going to have major trouble gaining traction.
>
> People who don't want to call extra attention to their proposals are free
> to ignore it.  Those of us who _want_ to draw attention and discussion from
> the list will use the tags.  Quite simple, really.  I think I've already used
> the [policy] tag once before, and it's nice to have a formal proposal, so that
> we all know what the various tags mean.

I agree with Tilghman.

I don't think these tags should be a requirement, but I think they are a
welcome addition to common practice for this list.  If a poster doesn't
want to use them, fine, it doesn't really matter.  However, having more
clearly defined subjects certainly isn't going to hurt anything.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer