[asterisk-dev] ISDN ETSI Call Rerouting

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Jun 4 09:58:25 CDT 2008

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Steve Totaro schrieb:
>> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Klaus Darilion
>> <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I have Asterisk in front of an Siemens PBX which sends Call Rerouting
>>> messages (e.g. a user forwards incoming calls to its mobile phone).
>>>
>>> The ETSI Call Rerouting works this way:
>>>
>>>                                        Hicom   rerouting
>>> Caller          Telco                   PBX     target
>>> ------SETUP-----> |
>>>                   | ----SETUP------------>
>>>                   | <---CALL PROCEEDING---
>>>                   | <---FACILITY+ --------
>>>                   |    EtsiCallRerouting
>>>                   | ----DISCONNECT------->
>>>                   | <---RELEASE-----------
>>>                   | ----RELEASE COMPLETE->
>>>                   | ----SETUP--------------------->
>>>

>>> Thus, I would like to have Asterisk to forward the FACILITY message to
>>> the telco. I use Asterisk 1.2 which does not support it and AFAIK there
>>> is also no support for that in 1.4.
>>>
>>> Before starting coding I want to know if there is already support for
>>> that (or at least for decoding/encoding the ETSI Call Rerouting)
>>> Asterisk 1.6 or trunk?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> Klaus
>>>
>> Is this what you are looking for? http://kb.digium.com/entry/140/
>>

> That sounds very similar. Has anybody used this feature also on Euro ISDN?

No, I was the one who did the implementation.  I have not looked at the
ETSI specs to see how them implement this feature though, so if they are
the same as the Telcordia specs with regards to how this is done, you
can try making libpri attempt the 4ESS/5ESS version of 2 B-Channel
Transfer on a EuroISDN switchtype.

Right now, we support this type of transfer on DMS style switches, 4ESS
and 5ESS switches that support this feature, NI2, and possibly Q.SIG.
Possibly because I have heard mixed results with success on it.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer