[asterisk-dev] ISDN ETSI Call Rerouting

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Jun 4 08:31:22 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 14:23 +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Before starting coding I want to know if there is already support for
> that (or at least for decoding/encoding the ETSI Call Rerouting)
> Asterisk 1.6 or trunk?

I'm sure that there's support for Release Line Transfer (also known as
Two B-Channel Transfer, or 2BCT) in Asterisk 1.4 and later, as I've
already used it several times.  Here are some steps I find helpful in
getting it to work:

1) Make sure you're using a fairly recent version of libpri,
zaptel/DAHDI, and Asterisk 1.4

2) Set "facilityenable=yes" on your channels in zapata.conf

3) Set "transfer=yes" on your channels in zapata.conf

4) Make sure your carrier has RLT/2BCT enabled on their end.  It's been
my experience that they typically don't, and it can be difficult to get
them to enable it at times.

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager