[asterisk-dev] [design] Matching algorithm

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jun 3 16:16:41 CDT 2008

JR Richardson wrote:
> IMHO, any undocumented or unintentional behavior, good or bad, should
> be labeled a bug and either fixed/taken out, or fully implemented
> formally and supported.

I agree with this.  However, Jared has indicated that he has seen
numerous people that have written dialplans using the (intended or not,
doesn't really matter) lowercase pattern matching.  Given that, as to
not break their dialplans, I vote for going the route of fully
implementing it and supporting it.

That means,

1) fix the implementation to treat lowercase and uppercase the same

2) Update the appropriate documentation to note that the lowercase
letters are special, too

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer