[asterisk-dev] Time for a bug fix phase?

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Tue Jun 3 14:21:14 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 22:23 +0400, Dmitry Andrianov wrote:
> By the way, I wonder how current CDR scheme will be working. Will it be just left as is or will it be removed from the PBX core and re-implemented as a CEL event consumer?
>
> Making it just one of CEL consumers looks a good idea to m. Doing so will also quickly identify if anything is missing in CEL design (if existing CDR cannot be written using CEL, then something is probably wrong).
>
> Regards,
> Dmitry Andrianov

No, CEL will not touch the current CDR implementation.

It may provide a rather similar capability, tho, if
a CEL->CDR backend converter is written.

My only thought is that writing an exact duplicate
(behavior-wise) of the current CDR implementation would
be a pretty tricky piece of code! And with little
benefit. However, a much more versatile, broader,
parameterized version might be worth the effort.

murf

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer