[asterisk-dev] [design] Matching algorithm

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Tue Jun 3 12:33:33 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 16:33 +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> So my preference would be for only upper case N, X and Z to be special,
> and lower case to be literal characters. I don't know how many Asterisk
> users do _nxxnxxxxxx instead of _NXXNXXXXXX

Unfortunately, I know from experience that a _very large_ number of
people are using lower-case _nxxnxxxxxx for pattern matching, and so
even though I'd personally like to have only allowed upper-case letters
from the beginning, I think we'd be doing users in general a big
disservice by changing things at this point.  Isn't hindsight a
wonderful thing?

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager