[asterisk-dev] MySQL Apps compilation problem in asterisk 1.4

Sergey Tamkovich serg at voipsolutions.ru
Mon Jun 2 04:16:18 CDT 2008

Actualy the easier thing is to use builtin realtime API.

ast_load_realtime, ast_update_realtime, ast_store_realtime,
ast_destroy_realtime

with res_config_mysql loaded, those 4 calls are mapped to 4 SQL commands
(select, update, insert, delete). This method wouldn't allows you
complex SQL statements, but on the other hand, you would be able to use
not only MySQL, but any of RT backends, in addition you wouldn't need to
maintain all misc stuff (creating, keepin destroying connections to db
server , etc..)

Example of usage can be found in app_voicemail
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/trunk/apps/app_voicemail.c?view=markup