[asterisk-dev] Does Asterisk 'queue' DTMFs?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jul 25 14:52:04 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 09:04:00PM +0200, Saúl Ibarra wrote:

> This game-like app pretends to use DTMF tones to move up, down, left
> and right (2 ,8 ,4 ,6). The tests I made (described above) showed me
> that uf I press key 2 for 50 times, for example, DTMFs are 'queued'
> and the last ones get into Asterisk wih 10s of delay. This delay is
> too big for something 'realtime', so waht I'm trying to achieve is not
> to get DTMFs queued, even if I loose them.

One other thing: If you press on the number 2 for, say, 5 seconds, what
would you expect to happen?

1. One "Up" command, at the time of pressing
2. One "Up" command, at the time of depressing (after 5 seconds)
3. More than one "Up" command, depending on the duration.

With computers you tend to expect (3). Asterisk will give you (2).
(Not to mention that with computers you tend to expect 2 to be "Down")

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com