[asterisk-dev] SIP disconnect code

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sat Jul 19 17:46:32 CDT 2008

Hello,

Sometimes I would like to know the disconnect reason from a call. The
most exact variable that I have in the dialplan is HANGUPCAUSE, that in
a SIP channel comes from channels/chan_sip.c function hangup_sip2cause.

(if I'm wrong in this point I'm sorry and I'm wasting your time...
that's what I've found)

hangup_sip2cause function could give the same HANGUPCAUSE for more
than one SIP disconnect reason, like in the trunk version 481 and 482
SIP codes will return AST_CAUSE_INTERWORKING (defined in
include/asterisk/causes.h, Q.931 disconnect codes).

Because sometimes I need to know the SIP disconnect code, I don't see
any reason that we don't have a SIPHANGUPCAUSE with the SIP reason (404,
604, etc.) so I'm thinking to implement and send the patch.

I wonder if:
a) it's in Asterisk and I haven't found (sorry for the noise in -dev ML)

b) it's not in Asterisk for some reason (which reason? :-) )

c) is there any interest if I send the patch or only me is interested on
it?

Thank you,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona