[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Jul 16 16:43:31 CDT 2008

bkruse wrote:
> This message is geared towards coming up with a way to access and store
> the documentation,
> and not so much the functionality of using the XML to do cool stuff like
> language support, dialplan
> validiation, dialplan generation (based on schema), etc.

After some thought and discussion, I really think we should shelve the
debate about the storage method of this information.

Right now, I think we should focus on the format of the data, and the
Asterisk code that makes use of it.  We can leave the mechanics related
to storage and distribution as an implementation detail to be decided
upon before merging.

That decision really shouldn't affect all of the conversions of existing
documentation, and most of the Asterisk code that uses it, which are the
most important parts of this project.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer