[asterisk-dev] Implementing asterisk CLI permissions, feedback needed

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jul 15 01:58:09 CDT 2008

Hi

First off, thanks for that patch. Looks very interesting.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 12:29:23AM -0300, Eliel Sardañons wrote:
> Hello,
>     I start coding a patch to add permissions to run certain CLI
> commands and prevent others to being executed by particular
> users/groups.
> The credentials of the user/group that runs the CLI commands are being
> passed via the local socket (using SCM_CREDENTIALS, POSIX compatible),
> the user and group being passed to the asterisk server are the owners
> of the rasterisk process. The configuration file is permissions.conf,
> having a '[user]' for the user and a [@group] for the group defining
> inside the 'sections' the permitted and denied commands. For example:
>
> [eliel]
> deny=all
> permit=sip
> permit=iax
>
> With this permissions, the user 'eliel' will only be able to run
> 'sip*' and 'iax*' commands, so 'sip show peers' will be allowed.

What would happen if I ommited "deny=all"? Default is to allow all
commands? (makes sense. Defualt is that the user is not listed in the
file).

You always allow completion commands. Hence every user in the system can
see the help messages. I guess this is normally OK, as they are also
normally available with strings. But I don't understand the uid/gid
check in that line:

  if ((uid < 0 && gid < 0) || command[0] == '_') return 1;

What might cause such (invalid?) uid/gid?

Are there plans to add other '_' commands?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com