[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jul 8 12:11:33 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Where is the documentation stored? How is it generated? What about
> external modules? What about modules of which an original version exists
> in the tree but I load a different version from elsewhere?

The documentation is stored in the source for convenience, and extracted
in the same way that the menuselect related data is extracted, by using
a small awk script.

After it is generated, the XML documentation would be installed so that
i can be loaded at runtime.

I'd like to see a directory for this documentation, so that for external
modules, additional documentation can easily be installed.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer