[asterisk-dev] Caller/connected line ID updates * I NEED YOUR INPUT!!!

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Jul 8 08:54:13 CDT 2008

Johansson Olle E wrote:
> I've tried to compile my thoughts and input from various documents as
> well as
> a review of "gareth"'s work in the bug tracker.
> http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/calleridupdate/README-calleridupdate.txt?view=co

Another thought ...

> Privacy concerns
> ----------------
> There has to be settings involved here to control whether a
> connected line ID should be sent when someone answers a call.
> For queues of forked calls to a sales group, you might not
> want to reveal details of the person/device that takes the
> call.
> - Device settings: Never send connected line ID
> - Per-call settings (dial/queue): Filter out Connected line id

I agree that this is needed.

With regards to how to implement it, I think Josh and I talked about
expanding the audiohooks API to be more of a frame hooks API because
there are situations where we want to hooks into frames coming in and
out of a channel that aren't just audio.

If this restriction is enabled for a channel, then a frame hook could be
placed on the channel which watches for control frames, and blocks
connected party ID control frames from being written to the channel.

Doing it this way isn't necessarily required, but otherwise, we would
just be further overloading the amount of logic that happens in
ast_read/ast_write, which is already a bit much.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer