[asterisk-dev] Caller/connected line ID updates * I NEED YOUR INPUT!!!

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Jul 7 11:51:03 CDT 2008

Mario Goegel wrote:
> What about a control frame? I thought too about this thing - it would be
> a nice to have feature in my QSIG code - maybe it wasn't thought for
> this, but isn't the control frame a frame from endpoint to endpoint?
> So every channel could do it on his own way.

Yes, that is probably going to be the most logical way to do it.

It can probably be a new control frame type, CALLERID_UPDATE, with a
payload that contains the connected party ID information.  Multiple
protocols we support in Asterisk today have ways to then pass it on.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer