[asterisk-dev] SIP in the bug tracker - let's get it down to 50 issues again...

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Sun Jul 6 12:35:38 CDT 2008

Friends,

I've been spending a few days working on the bug tracker to get stuff
back in shape and get the number
of open issues related to SIP back to a manageable level.

I know that it is summer and holiday season, but would like to ask
everyone that is involved in one
of those bug reports to spend some time providing quick feedback so
that we can move on.

A big thank you to those of you who have responded quickly, even
during the weekend. What an
interesting group of nerds we are - working summer weekends on Open
Source projects...

I will be working remotely with a customer project this coming week
and can't spend time
24/7 to follow the tracker, but will be back in a week's time to try
to resolve a new batch
of issues.

I would also like to take the time to repeat that we would like to see
more bug marshals
that can help us in the project. Just make sure that everything is
reported properly,
following the guidelines. And assist reporters with license
agreements, introduce
them to the process and make sure that developers have what they need
to pinpoint
the issue or evaluate a proposal. You don't have to be a developer at
all, in fact,
it's propably good if you're more of an Asterisk admin/user than a
developer in
order not to get into the details too much and keep focus on the
process.

Regards,
/O