[asterisk-dev] oej: trunk r128240 - in /trunk: include/asterisk/ main/ pbx/ res/

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Jul 6 10:06:30 CDT 2008

On Jul 6, 2008, at 4:00 AM, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> A small change to make it easier to see which channels are under AGI
> control - and you want to veto it? That really surprises me.

Well, it's not that small to me.  I don't want to set a precedent for
using channel flags like this.  What about ExternalIVR?  What about my
native Python channel control?  I'd hate to have a channel flag for
all of these thing.

Maybe add a new global datastore with metadata about who is
controlling a channel ...

> We can always discuss the implementation though, that's what
> we do with things in trunk.

Well, sort of.  That's what development branches are for, really.  I
would like to treat trunk as a release branch that is subject to
feature, API, and ABI changes.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer