[asterisk-dev] Caller/connected line ID updates * I NEED YOUR INPUT!!!

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 07:48:12 CDT 2008

On 7/4/08, Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
> I've tried to compile my thoughts and input from various documents as
> well as
> a review of "gareth"'s work in the bug tracker.
> http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/calleridupdate/README-calleridupdate.txt?view=co

Olle,

Couple of comments:

Call hold and pickup in a shared line appearance arrangement is
another scenario where connected identity updates are used. This might
also apply to call park situations.

I agree with your comment regarding Remote-Party-Id. We had
implemented RFC 4916 in our SIP end-point, but couldn't find another
SIP end-point that has implemented it. I believe the reason why this
RFC isn't picking up is because it lacks certain security mechanisms
such as signed identities. Most practical implementations out there
such as SIP phones and SIP PBXs are using Remote-Party-Id.

--
Raj Jain