[asterisk-dev] Locking, coding guidelines addition

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Fri Jul 4 15:32:09 CDT 2008

On Friday 04 July 2008 16:24:01 Steve Totaro wrote:
> > I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "locks"?
> >
> > Or are you referring to the way FreeSWITCH uses locks?
>
> Yes, I am talking about locks.  Please read the initial post and the
> prior post to yours where I corrected myself.

I'm sorry, I think we're not understanding each other.

I truly don't know what you mean by lock. In my book, it is a synonym for
mutex. When it is suggested that Asterisk use locks, I understand it is
suggested that Asterisk use mutexes, which it is already doing extensively.
That is why I suppose you must be meaning something other than mutex, and
this is why I am asking.

--
Please try Numb, a STUN/TURN server implementation.
Free access at http://numb.viagenie.ca/.