[asterisk-dev] Kill the user - a murder that needs testing

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Jan 30 13:32:06 CST 2008


My attempt to kill the user has been planned since a long time. In 1.2  
I added the possibility to configure everything for a user to the peer  
configuration, so they where compatible. In 1.4 test branch, I tested  
removing the actual user and no one noticed...

So now I have a branch ready for merging that finally kills the user  
object from memory. There's no longer two objects in memory for a  
type=friend. To be backwards compatible you can still declare  
type=user, type=friend, type=peer. If everything works out all right  
in 1.6, we can change this for future releases.

The only difference is that you need to add a column called "type"  
with the content "peer" if you are using realtime and don't want to  
match on name vs caller ID on incoming calls (normal user matching).  
Otherwise, things should be the same and your calls should not be  

Please test this branch heavily so we can make a quick decision on  
whether to include this change in 1.6.

Thanks for your support,

More information about the asterisk-dev mailing list