[asterisk-dev] Rhino incorporating into zaptel tree

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Sun Jan 27 16:58:55 CST 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 17:22 -0500, Jared Smith wrote:
> It looks like the word is starting to get out about the fact that we don't own the
> trademark to Zaptel.  What are the plans on the re-name, anyway?  Should
> we make some type of response here, or let sleeping dogs lie?

Whoops... Looks like I replied to the list instead of forwarding.
(Guess that's what I get for trying to do three things at once.)  To
make a long story short, the owner of the Zaptel trademark has asked
Digium to stop using the Zaptel name, and we're working with their legal
team to try to come to a resolution.

I'll be posting more to the list just as soon as I have more details.

(And for those that are curious, I'm personally all for having the Rhino
drivers and any other drivers merged in with Zaptel, as long as the code
is up to the standards of the coding guideline, and goes through the
proper process just like any other code submission.  )

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager