[asterisk-dev] my Asterisk is missing time...

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Thu Jan 24 07:45:58 CST 2008

On 1/24/08, Wolfgang Pichler <wpichler at yosd.at> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the good news - since i am running asterisk as root with nice -10 i do not have had any more line losses because of missing time...
>
> the bad news
> my asterisk did segfault already two times
>
> the good news
> the core dump did alwaysed showed the same problem - i am not an expert enough to trace down the problem - so here is the backtrace:

> #0 0x080d0afb in ast_rtp_read (rtp=0x9353e60) at rtp.c:1127
> 1127 res = recvfrom(rtp->s, rtp->rawdata + AST_FRIENDLY_OFFSET, sizeof(rtp->rawdata) - AST_FRIENDLY_OFFSET,
> (gdb) bt
> #0 0x080d0afb in ast_rtp_read (rtp=0x9353e60) at rtp.c:1127
> #1 0x07bd119e in sip_read (ast=0x93c5c08) at chan_sip.c:4201
> #2 0x08083e66 in __ast_read (chan=0x93c5c08, dropaudio=0) at channel.c:2323
> #3 0x08084acc in ast_waitfordigit_full (c=0x93c5c08, ms=87, audiofd=-1, cmdfd=-1) at channel.c:2571
> #4 0x08084e28 in ast_waitfordigit (c=0x93c5c08, ms=100) at channel.c:2057
> #5 0x005c3137 in common_exec (chan=0x93c5c08, flags=0xb71b1e58, volfactor=0, fd=0, mygroup=0xb71b1c14 "66622", spec=0x0, exten=0x0, context=0x0) at app_chanspy.c:459
> #6 0x005c3f45 in chanspy_exec (chan=0x93c5c08, data=0xb71b5f38) at app_chanspy.c:628
> #7 0x080c784e in pbx_extension_helper (c=0x93c5c08, con=0x0, context=0x93c5d88 "spyLot", exten=0x93c5dd8 "22", priority=2, label=0x0, callerid=0x93536d0 "",
>  action=E_SPAWN) at pbx.c:532
> #8 0x080c9536 in __ast_pbx_run (c=0x93c5c08) at pbx.c:2288
> #9 0x080ca4de in pbx_thread (data=0x93c5c08) at pbx.c:2603
> #10 0x080f618b in dummy_start (data=0x935c4e8) at utils.c:806
> #11 0x0011545b in start_thread () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
> #12 0x00a6824e in clone () from /lib/libc.so.6

Seems like Chanspy. I have such crashes once every two weeks. It could
be caused by having Monitor or Mixmonitor together with Chanspy on
same channel. There's new framework for all this - called audiohooks,
that should eliminate all those chanspy-monitor problems, and it will
be out in 1.4.18 (you can use SVN branch 1.4 for now)

Regards,
Atis