[asterisk-dev] Asterisk forwards Audio without early session

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jan 22 13:16:01 CST 2008

Johansson Olle E wrote:

> Kevin,
> I think you misunderstand.
>
> We send INVITE with SDP - we should be ready to receive.
> They send 180 ringing without SDP - they are not ready to receive
> They start sending RTP to us, which is fine and should be ignored.

Actually, I never finished my message :-)

I was responding to his point that the phone shouldn't be sending audio
because Asterisk wasn't supposed to be receiving it, but in fact we are
'ready to receive' at that point.

In fact, the whole requirement that the other endpoint be ready to
receive before it can send you audio, as already commented on, is very
confusing and easy to misunderstand.

I can certainly agree though that if we haven't been told the other end
will accept audio, that we should drop any audio we receive from them.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies