[asterisk-dev] Rgd Zaptel code for Asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Jan 22 04:09:41 CST 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 02:53:39PM +0530, Lavanya Chelikam wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   can any body tell me is it possible to connect my x-lite softphone to
> ATA using zaptel driver.  and if it is so, hwo to configure it, and
> what will b entries in sip.conf and extensions.conf file.

A. This is the type of question that belongs in -users ("how do I
configure Asterisk to do XYZ", as opposed to "How/where do I change the
source of Asterisk to do XYZ"). Also, Asterisk is often more flexible
than people think, and things can be done with configuration tweaks (or
with AGI / manager programs).

However, what Asterisk certainly cannot sanely do is TDM over VoIP :-)

That ATA connects to you through a well-established protocol - SIP. This
is configured in sip.conf for Asterisk's SIP channel. Zaptel is for
direct connection to telephony hardware. For instance: if you wanted to
run Asterisk on that ATA box.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com