[asterisk-dev] Number of active calls

Steven S. Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jan 18 15:14:54 CST 2008

----- "sushma gupta" <guptasus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Group
>
> Is there any function call to find number of active calls in the
> system.

You can easily get a list of channels, but the concept of a call isn't easily checked. If I dial your number, it is one call, but 2 channels are in use. If you jump to a meetme, we still have one call, but any number of channels.

> Also I want to determine number of active Voicemail calls.  I want to
> restrict the number Voicemail recordings and Voicemail checkings to 4
> each
> at a time.  Please suggest me how to restrict to 4 recordings and 4
> checkings.

I'm sure you could do something like put them into a group and count the group. But why is that of interest unless you are trying to make a tiered service to sell.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com