[asterisk-dev] indications and chan_oss

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Jan 14 10:58:06 CST 2008

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> hi,
> I am in a trip so i haven't had the time to make more experiments,
> but it seems that on chan_oss at least, I don't get the calling/busy
> tones anymore after the recent commit that removed the locally
> generated tones from chan_oss/ichan_alsa. My setting is this:
>
> 	chan_oss --[ asterisk1 ]---iax---[ asterisk2 ]---sip---[ht286]
>

> any idea on what could go wrong ?

I haven't been able to test chan_oss, either, but I can start by giving you the
general idea of how it is supposed to work.

Asterisk indicates a condition to the channel driver by using the indicate()
channel callback.  When you return -1 from the indicate callback, you request
the core to generate the tone for you.  When the indicate callback is called
with a -1 argument, you return -1 to have the tone stopped.  From a quick look,
the chan_oss indicate callback looks fine ...

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer