[asterisk-dev] PRI issue

astdev at notleyc.fastmail.fm astdev at notleyc.fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 10 09:25:12 CST 2008

Hi there,

I have been making progress over the last few months connecting an
Asterisk 1.4 server to a Siemens HiPath 4000 switch via ISDN PRI.

I'm using a TE120P card configured for qsig.  I managed to get Siemens
to alter the configuration of the switch with the result that caller ID
numbers and names are being transferred successfully from Asterisk to
the HiPath; however I am encountering a problem successfully terminating
calls.  The problems only occur if the extension number called from
Asterisk happens to be forwarded on the HiPath.  If I dial an extension
that is not forwarded on the HiPath, the call completes successfully,
but all forwarded extensions fail to ring and I always see the same
symptoms.

With intense PRI debugging enabled I see output similar to that below
when this happens:

Length (123) of 0x30 component is too long (the length varies depending
on the caller ID name associated with the forwarded extension).

There are a bunch of other 'Unable to handle ROSE operation ???' errors,
but I see those whether or not I dial a forwarded extension.

I saw a patch specifically mentioning indefinite ASN1 lengths
(http://svn.digium.com/view/libpri/branches/1.4/pri_facility.c?view=log
- number 209); however I've been unable to apply the patch to version
1.4.3 of libpri.  Apologies if I'm sounding really stupid here, but I'd
appreciate any help applying the patch.

Thanks,
Chris
--