[asterisk-dev] cdr_odbc.c is broken in trunk

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Jan 10 08:54:37 CST 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008 08:06:20 Nick Gorham wrote:
> Michiel van Baak wrote:
> >On 11:18, Thu 10 Jan 08, Nick Gorham wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>The change to use prepare_cb() in odbc_log became broken in r88182.
> >>
> >>The code calls SQLBindParameter on a local variable (timestr) but as it
> >>now doesn't call SQLExecute in the same function when it finally gets to
> >>SQLExecute that variable is out of scope.

Out of scope, perhaps, but not out of memory.  It's stored on the local stack,
which is not deallocated until after the function returns.  The address thus
remains valid.

> >Can you post this to http://bugs.digium.com with a unified
> >diff as the patch ?
> >Thank you.
>
> Err, no as it happens, I don't see why I should provide anyone my
> address and phone number to submit a bug fix to what I believed was a
> GPL project!!!

It's a dual licensed project, and we ask for an explicit license, along with
the proviso that we actually check to ensure that you are legally entitled
to license your changes (that the changes aren't actually owned by your
company, for example).

--
Tilghman