[asterisk-dev] Simulation of radios with something like MeetMe()

Holger Wirtz wirtz at dfn.de
Wed Jan 9 08:30:01 CST 2008

Hi,

I hope this is not too much OT. I am currently working on a simualtion
of radio equipment for the open sorce flightsimualtor FlightGear. It
works with Asterisk and the client is based on iaxclient (see
http://wiki.flightgear.org/flightgear_wiki/index.php?title=FGCOM)

Actually it works but there are some problems. For more realistic radios
there should be an application like app_meetme with more features:

For the outgoing audio stream to each client there has to be a mixup of
the stream based on the distance between the partners. I know that this
would use more cpu cycles than the normal conference.

But the real problem is:
how do I get the coords of the plane from the client to the Asterisk
application? My idea was to send them once or twice a minute with a
SendText() on the channel.

Now my questions:
- Can this be realized with an advanced app_meetme?
- Is it possible to work with text informations in an application like
  app_meetme?

Thanks, Holger
--
#####  #### ##  ##   Holger Wirtz         Phone : (+49 30) 884299-40
##  ## ##   ### ##   DFN-Verein           Fax   : (+49 30) 884299-70
##  ## #### ######   Stresemannstr. 78    E-Mail: wirtz at dfn.de
##  ## ##   ## ###   10963 Berlin
#####  ##   ##  ##   GERMANY              WWW   : http://www.dfn.de
GPG-Fingerprint: ABFA 1F51 DD8D 503C 85DC  0C51 E961 79E2 6685 9BCF